NGO Green Home was founded by graduated students of biology science, 14. 02. 2000, as a non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization. The organization appeared from the need for participation of great number of citizens in protection and conservation of environment, as well as taking an active role in civil society development through respect for biodiversity and efforts on sustainable development.
NGO Green Home is from 22.03.2000, registered under the number 635 in registry of non-government organizations with the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Montenegro ("021747/2000").
The aim of the organization is environmental preservation and protection, biodiversity conservation and implementation of the sustainable development principles.
We are dedicated to environmental protection and environmental improvements that foster a sustainable future and lead to social and economical improvements in the communities at national level. In order to do this, we are committed to work with different range of stakeholders to foster partnerships and work together to provide sustainable future and have strong recognition world wide as Ecological State of Montenegro.
Our work is divided in two programmes
• Programme for Environmental Protection
• Programme for Energy
Programme for Environmental Protection
Programme for the environmental protection aims to promote, educate and support local and regional initiatives in nature protection and conservation. Through the programme we want to help in solving problems in the area of environmental protection and conservation as well as sustainable use of natural resources.
Programme for Energy
Programme for energy aims to promote, educate and support local and regional initiatives on energy efficiency and use of alternative energy sources. Through the programme for energy we want to emphasize the importance of implementing energy efficiency measures and the positive effects that this method can achieve both in terms of environmental protection and improvement of living comfort.
Fields of work
Fields of work: biodiversity, freshwater and wetlands, agriculture, sustainable use of resources, industry, energy and green technologies, recycling, pollution and waste management, ecotourism and sustainable development at local, national and mediterranean level.
We consider cooperation as necessary tool for development processes. Therefore, we maintain partnerships with different stakeholders, being aware of the importance of every single pillar: local communities, authorities, other organizations and individuals at national and international level.
Membership at international level
• The network for creation and implementation of Mediterranean Strategy of Sustainable Development (MSSD)
• SEEENN (network of ecological NGOs in South-Eastern Europe - regional level)
• International office for waters, Paris, France
• Coalition for river Tara protection (environmental network of NGOs from Montenegro, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina)
• Conserving the Biological Diversity of South-western Balkans: Trans-boundary Nature Conservation in the landscape of the Durmitor Massif - Tara River - Prokletije Mountains (Montenegro and Albania) - WWF Mediterranean Programme Office
• Balkan Peace Park Project – Network on creating a trans-national, cross-border park in the adjoining mountain areas of Kosovo, Montenegro and Albania
Membership at national level
• Agency for Environmental Protection
• Member of Board for energy efficiency and environmental protection, Chamber of economy of Montenegro
• Ministry of Economy, official partner in "Energy Efficiency year"
• University of Montenegro, Faculty of Sciences
• Institute for Nature Protection and Ministry for environmental protection (Natura 2000 project)
• Forum of ecological NGOs for sustainable development
Through our projects we cooperated with
• Municipalities of Podgorica, Rozaje, Plav, Bijelo Polje, Niksic, Andrijevica, Bar, Danilovgrad, Kolasin, Mojkovac
• University of Montenegro, Department for Biology sciences
• Primary schools, kindergartens
• Government of Montenegro
• Ministry of Tourism of Montenegro
• Bureau for development in Montenegro Government
• Institutions for education children with special needs
• International organizations
• NGOs from Montenegro, Croatia, Norway, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Serbia, Italy, Spain…
Region - Partnerships
• Green Action, Zagreb Croatia (several project)
• NGO ECAT - Tirana, Albanija (Collaboration on improving air quality related to traffic in Tirana and Podgorica)
• NGO Young Researchers of Serbia - Belgrade, Serbia (Capacity Building of NGOs and Natura 2000)
• NGO Balkan Bridges of Skopje, Macedonia (establishing "green" regional coalition of NGOs from Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro)
• NGO EcoTeam - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (Collaboration on the project of researching energy efficiency in Bosnia)
• Environmental Ambassadors (Project "REA" - Regional Environmental Advocacy – Action and Cohesion in Western Balkans)
• BELLS Movement, Regional Environmental Movement
Europe - Partnership
• Green Max - Poland (Survey on Energy efficiency in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Montenegro)
• European Commission - Brussels, Belgium (Participation at Campaign "European Weak of Sustainable Energy")
• WWF Med Po - Rome, Italy (Projects "Sharing Waters", "Natura 2000")
• International Sector for Water - Paris, France (GH is a member of this network which gathered organizations dealing with water issues)