The goal of the project is building more transparent, corruption-free society by monitoring of the Laws implementation which would improve the process of strategic decision making about the country\s development options, with specific focus on environmental protection standards.
• Increased transparency of the process of decision making related to key development opportunities in energy sector by monitoring of the implementation of the Law on Concessions;
• Increased transparency of the process of State owned power Supply company (EPCG) privatization and by publically discussing the key documents (through the Law on Free Access to Information) related to the this such as process:
- Plans for installing the power cable connection between Italy and Montenegro,
- Tender procedures for building Moraca power dams
• Increased awareness of the citizens on the process of decision making related to the Law on Concessions and the Law on Free Access to Information and the provisions of the Laws in relation to energy sector.
Folowing activities will be implemented during the project:
• Press conference
• Monitoring of the Law on Concession implementation
• Round table organization
• Printing promo materials
• Monitoring of energy sector in Montenegro
Project is funded by the United State Agency for International Development (USAID), Good Governance Activity Programme in Montenegro which is being implemented by East West Management Institute.
Project coordinator: Sanja Svrkota
More information on: email@example.com