The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the effective implementation of the environmental management plan and environmental monitoring programme and to increase the cooperation on both sides of the border contributing to conservative management and sustainable development of an important natural heritage area such as the Shkodra Lake ecosystem.
1. Improving management capacities of environmental administrators on both sides of the border through problem assessment and compilation of a basic document as IEMP;
2. Implementing of a Common Monitoring Programme of environmental indicators and transfer of observation, assessment and commenting capacities at the local level on both sides of the border;
3. Encouraging knowledge transfer by "good practices" to farmers of the area under study making the right pressure to support the sustainable management of natural resources.
1. Establishment of two strategic documents:
- Review, assessment and classification of the status of habitats and species, based on the most recent conditions in the lake (preparation of a database)
- Assessment of the threatening factors on biodiversity of the lake, especially aquatic and forest vegetation (drafting of actions that guarantee their protection)
2. Improvement of capacity building in environmental management at and sustainable development at local level of natural resources through the establishment and functioning of monitoring programme and training courses;
3. Dissemination of results and raising stakeholder’s awareness on environmental management and especially on the conservation of natural patrimonies through activities like training courses, workshops, conferences.
The project is being implemented in cooperation with Research Centre for Rural Development, supported by Delegation of the European Commission in Montenegro and Albania under the framework of IPA Cross-Border Programme Albania-Montenegro, 2007-2013.
Project coordinator: Jovana Janjusevic
More information at: email@example.com